Drink coffee around Bogotá
About the tour
Colombia / Bogota At the hotel of the traveller. 4:30
You have to know that coffee is a excuse but you don't have to drink coffee all the time, since you can drink water, fruit juice or any thing else. But if you are a coffee lover and can drink up to 7 cups in a day, you will enjoy better the tour.I am able to pick you up at your hotel. Tour will be primarily walking and taking public transport, but if prefered we can take the tour in bike (with an extra charge for rental bike).
- We will start in the historical center known as La Candelaria where we will walk in the lovely streets of this special place of the city. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Candelaria] There we will drink our first cup of coffee in Juan Valdez at calle 11 with carrera 6. We will walk around Plaza de Bolívar, Museo Botero, and Casa de Poesia Silva. If you prefer we can take the first cup of coffee in a train adapted for cafeteria.
- After historical center we will move to Gold Museum (Museo del Oro) a must to see in Bogotá. [http://www.banrepcultural.org/museo-del-oro]
- After visiting the Gold museum we will walk through carrera septima to go to the tallest building in Colombia the Torre Colpatria. This tower is illuminated every night with color changing lights. If we visit this landmark when open to public -Fridays (18:00-21:00); Saturdays (14:00-20:00); Sundays and Holidays (14:00-17:00)-, we will be able to go to the top floor and the cafeteria to take pictures from the observation deck.
- Next place to know will be the Independence Park (Parque de la Independencia), [http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_de_la_Independencia_%28Bogot%C3%A1%29] and the gastronomic neighborhood of La Macarena. [http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/travel/26surfacing.html?_r=0]
- (Optional) Visit the National Museum (Museo Nacional) to admire its artistic treasures and paintings. There we can enjoy another coffee in a nice Juan Valdez spot.
After visit the last spot I can take to your hotel or any particular place you would be interested to shop, to visit, to know.
To confirm on demand.
It depends on the time of the year. But usuallly I am free most of the time. It is better to contact me by email at least a couple of days before to confirm availability.
Entrance to the listed museums
One cup of coffee.
Bike rental if agreed (but is an extra charge on the prize)